
Photo credit: http://motherpeace.com/
I have FINALLY figured something out – the only time I feel truly in the moment and relaxed is when I am creating, be it a poem, an art project, collage or spirit singing, not when I try to sit and be still or count my breaths. I have also figured out that it is up to me to bring more of this into my everyday life, no one is stopping me BUT me.
I believe by allowing more of these moments into my life I will find my way back to center. Blessings to All.
A poem for our creative selves:
Moving to the beat of our creations
sometimes rocks us to our foundations
yet freedom can be found within the making
and happiness is found within the waking
so let's make space in our lives for creating
nothing is stopping us so why are we waiting
4 comments:
I am not technically a creative person. However, I can relate. Gardening is one of my favorite approaches to meditating!
What a powerful ode to our creative selves!
Lovely reminder about the power of creativity.
I totally agree. Sitting and counting breaths doesn't do it for me either, but give me a shovel and dirt to dig in and I'm a happy woman...I do my best contemplating with a tool in hand. I'm no artist but I love to color and paint with my daycare kiddies...it's so relaxing.
Post a Comment