

I often wonder why is it so hard to change, even if the change is for the better.
Why do we stick with old ways of being even when we know it is not working anymore.
I have the tools for positive change and I KNOW what to do, yet I still fall back on old behavior and coping like emotional eating or zoning out in front of tv, and other things that are just ways to numb yourself out.
I think there is something to that Marianne Williamson quote when she says we are afraid to shine afraid to be our best. For me I feel like I am on the edge, like If I cross the line I can't go backwards anymore, you would think this would be a good thing but it is SO SCARY, I guess it is the not knowing. I have a hard time receiving compliments for anything I create, I feel like I am not really deserving of them and they make me uncomfortable.
I think what I have come up with is that I will load myself up with creative projects and immerse myself in them because even though I may not feel like I am an "artist" I do feel that creative work will be a healing path for me.
The pictures are of some collages that I create by first pulling a knowledge or goddess card for someone and then I choose different background art paper and glue different types of objects like jewelry, beads, buttons, feathers, whatever wants to be there and then I put them in a display type frame.
I need to find a better way to take pictures of the finished work, these pictures look so dark and flat compared to the real life image. If anyone has any suggestions for how to photograph art work I would love to hear about it.
Anyway enjoy your Sunday and have a great week!
3 comments:
those old ways are so familiar and so easy to fall back into because well we KNOW how to do it already and what is more comforting than doing something we KNOW we can do well?? good points made here, really has my brain thinking on ways I can work comfortably towards change or at least to realize that change isn't comfortable and to be ok with that.
I can't help you with photography but I can tell you that I love these two pieces...you definitely have a great eye for composition! The subject matter is engaging and draws the viewer in...you may feel uncomfortable with the title of 'artist' but you are one my dear!
You have a wonderful eye for creating a collage. Nice balance and a wonderful, natural feel to them. I'm glad you're going to continue adding more creative projects into your life.
Post a Comment