
What door do you wish to open is the wednesday wishcast from Jamie Ridler Studios. My first thought was courage and fearlessness, the courage to heal, the fearlessness to move forward on my path. I often wonder what happened to my fearlessness, when I was a little girl I used to climb willow trees and I even ate a worm once in order to gain entry to my brother and cousin's he man club, as a matter of fact I think I ate it but they didn't! I had no problem fighting for my rights when I was young, and now I feel like I don't know how to do that. Even something as simple as picking up a pen to write a poem or a brush to paint or glue to collage, I wonder what will people think or should I "waste my time" on this. OF COURSE I SHOULD, I don't need permission from anyone but me. PArt of my intentions for this blog is to start putting myself out there and to have the courage to just let it be...Below is a poem I wrote about change.
__________________________________________________________
Changes are trying to move through me
do I run and hide or open my eyes to see
Dare to be strong and begin the healing
or lean back on old ways that keep me from feeling
Heart breaking to make room for flow
nurturing myself as the heartspaces grow
__________________________________________________________
Blessings to All..
23 comments:
Thinking we're worthy is a lifetime of work...and good for you to question these things...
As Karen wishes for herself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her, also.
Of course you should!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I joyfully wish for her also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her, also.
Beautifully put..I think I was trying to say kind of the same thing this morning...I used to be strong and fearless..I want that back too!! Let fly girl!! Namaste, Sarah
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her.
Naomi Wolf has written a book about this phenomena: What happen to little girls, why do they lost their selfconfidence. It's a very good book, "Promiscuities: A Secret History of Female Desire".
Your poem is wonderful,Thanks
I know you can do any thing you want.
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well. xx Thank you for sharing the poem.
Oh I love the poem! I so can relate!!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
I also struggle with this issue. I'm so glad you've started this blog and are putting yourself out there! Your poem is lovely!
Oh, and my brother pulled the same stunt on me! ;)
As Karen wishes for herself, so I joyfully wish for her also.
Lovely poem, and those last 2 lines really rock.
Good for you for putting yourself out there ... I tell ya, putting a poem on my blog is alot scarier than eatin a worm darlin' ~tho I do applaud you for eating the worm as well ;)
Word verification is "divas" ~ lets you and me take that as a sign, OK?
As Karen wishes for herself, I so wish for her as well.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
I know that little worm-eating, go-getting, tree-climbing girl is alive and kicking and raring to go :)
As Karen the worm-eating she-woman wishes for herself ;-) (can I tell you how much I love and have lived this?) so too do I wish for Karen, The Fearless.
~Shamsi
As Karen wishes for herself I so wish for her as well.
as Karen wishes for herself..I also wish for her! ALL the best to you!
I love your words as they could be my very own...
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also...courage and fearlessness!
Ah, Karen, your wish and mine are very similar.
Karen, that which you wish for I wish for you also. hugs.
I can so relate...but I found my (am finding my) wild woman mojo now ....
As Karen wishes for herself..I wish for her also.
Hi Karen,
I overcame fear to be bold and sassy! You wouldn't believe the things I now stand up for. It can be done and you can do it too. I wish for you to become fearless so all your wishes come true.
Giulietta the Muse
Take your power back!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her.
Those heartspaces will open and blossom!
Wow, Karen. I couldn't agree with you more that the young are brilliantly unafraid. That why in their inexperience and foolishness, they in some ways accomplish more than we as grown adults.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
-TimK
lovely poem!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Thank you for such a beautiful poem (and posting a poem IS an act of fearlessness!)
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Post a Comment