Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumn Equinox/Mabon Thoughts and Links



Sept 22, 2009; 5:18 P.M. EDT begins the Autumn Equinox, day is equal to night and there is balance produced between both.

Mabon is the 2nd harvest festival sandwiched between Lammas and Samhain. Some refer to it as a Thanksgiving like harvest holiday.

I always start to feel the pull to go inward at this time of year, which is funny when you think about it since it is the beginning of school for all school goers.
I still at 43 get that urge to start things like gearing up for school which clashes with that going inward vibe.

So this year I have decided to listen to the natural world and slow down and enjoy the harvest that is here and start the turn inward for some introspection and much needed rest and rejuvenation after the spring/summer season.

Maybe if I heed this natural way of things I would be less prone to sickness this time of year from all the rushing around. It will be hard to resist the mad rush of the season that is coming up with all the outside influence of the commercial holidays. I think the local CVS will probably start putting out their Christmas decorations any day now, they seem to put it out earlier and earlier each year.

So that is my intention for this season, to slow down some, to enjoy the harvest and prepare for the fall/winter season.

This is also a good time for rituals or prayers for protection and security.

The links below are some thoughts on Mabon from Mrs'B Blog and Dreamwriters blog, they both have some great ideas to enjoy this time of year. The third link has a ton of information on the Autumn Equinox and Mabon for your viewing pleasure.

Enjoy the season of golden colors, crisp apples, root grounding vegetables and letting your energy go from harvesting to resting.

Namaste,

Mrs. B Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom
Dreamwriter
Magical Winds

1 comment:

Diva Kreszl said...

Happy Fall! Slowing down is a wonderful idea, especially before the rush of the holiday season. Recharging our batteries...