Thursday, September 17, 2009

Self-Sabotaging at it's finest.



So here is how it all starts... I wake up feeling cranky about my ups and downs with my diet. You know how it goes, lose 5 pounds gain back 3 lost 5 more gain back 2 and so on and so forth. So today I wake up with my mind set that today once again starts the first day of my healthy eating plan.

Cut to my drive to work as I start daydreaming about taylor ham, cheese and egg sandwiches, so much I can taste it in my mouth!!!! UGGGHHHH!!!! No I say it is OATMEAL you really crave and love, you know it is!

And do you what the kicker is... I don't even eat taylor ham, egg and cheese that often to begin with, it is probably the most fattening thing my self-sabotaging gremlin could come up with from my memory banks.

I am contstantly amazed at how quick my self-sabotaging gremlins come to life.
It is a constant battle with myself.
If any of you have any tips or tricks I would appreciate them.

So wish me luck. For now It is me 1 and gremlin 0 as I sit here enjoying my oatmeal with honey.

Have a great day.


Images: google search

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly understand your plight. I don't use the word diet though, because so many doctors and dietitians have told me the word alone sets us up for failure. At this moment I only eat when I am absolutely hungry. I drink plenty of water when my mind is saying "go eat girl." It's a struggle, but for me turning to God for help has made a huge difference and being cheered on by my blog friends is just what I need daily to know I can do this.

You can do this! I'll be here cheering you on all the way! (:

Karen D said...

Thanks Tabitha and I will cheer you on also!

Marisa said...

I so know where you're at. It's so had to control the cravings, for me it's the salty junk...sweets I'm a little better at. Enjoy your oatmeal!

Diva Kreszl said...

I thought I was the only one with gremlins!

Karen D said...

Why does it seem like men never have these cravings? Is is hormonal I wonder.
Good to see others have their salty/sweet gremlins also!

Holly said...

I am so with you on this one my sister.