Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wednesday Wishcasting: What do you wish to learn?


I write this half asleep, I just woke up and was in the process of beating myself up for falling off the diet wagon when I clicked on Jamie Ridler's Wish Prompt. I have been following a really healthy eating plan for about 2 months or more due to a stomach issue I had. Now that I feel better I have been introducing some of those old comfort foods, you know the ones: Dark Chocolate (oh such a good friend of mine) and bacon (such saltly goodness) and snacky foods and such.

I tend to do things full steam, like dieting and learning new things like collaging, I will go out and buy all the books and do all the research and then I burn out and fizzle.

So here are some of the things I wish to learn, for my mind,body and spirit:

1. The Anti-inflammatory/mediterranean diet.
2. That I am human and I may take some steps back but I will continue to move forward.
3. The Artist's way, many have told me it changed their life.
4. How to dream big.
5. How to use my camera.
6. How to use my juicer.
7. How to make great cupcakes.
8. How to do Gabrielle Roth's 5 Rhythms.
6. How to drum. (conga, djembe)
7. Confidence and independence.
8. Different types of poetry writing.
9. American history 101 (I need a refresher course)
10. Knitting
11. Re-learn my Reiki skills, I received certification years ago.

Ok I guess 11 is good for now and if I even learn half of these I will be happy and I think that is what I want to learn most of all, to be happy with where I am in this journey and happy with myself.

May all you wish to learn be yours,

Namaste,
KAren

28 comments:

Anna said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Great list! I too would love to first own then learn to drum with the djembe!

Suzie Ridler said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Oh great cupcakes is an awesome one but then I am foodie-biased. Juicing is awesome, I used to do it all of the time. I'm with you on the learning-my-camera wish, I am doing that too.

Gorgeous wishes! So happy you can have dark chocolate again, full of health and happy properties for the body and spirit.

Peaceole said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so do I, Peaceole, wish for her also.

I like your list Karen I may have to take on some of those items. Great choices!

Anonymous said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
I love your list!

Jamie Ridler said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

This list looks like an absolutely delicious adventure map. Let the learning begin!

sema said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
great list! may you cross one by one!

Diva Kreszl said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Goodness said...

What a wonderfully diverse list!

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Peace and goodness to you.

Giulietta said...

Hi Karen,
Lots to learn this year! American history 101 one looks especially good. I could use that one! And using a juicer as mine sits idle on the counter. I wish for you to be happy on your learning journey wherever it takes you!

Giulietta

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

As Karen wishes for herself so I Carmen wish for her also.

Blessings and light!

Ms. Becky said...

Karen as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also. I recently ate chocolate-covered bacon, and I never ever eat chocolate! Yum.

Liz Fulcher, The Fragrant Muse said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. May you never, ever lose that enthusiasm for life!

CP said...

As Karen wishes for human herself, so too do I wish for Karen. I especially love # 2... because I, like you, tend to go whole hog and full on into whatever 'new thing' I get myself into :) The greatest thing I've personally found about being around *this* group of people is that I am not only finding it easier to 'stick with' something once I've started, but probably more importantly, that I can 'return' to said 'something' more gently, without my self-berating? I hope that makes sense. Big Love Woman... for all that you wish and are and do!
~Shamsi♥

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I so wish for her as well.
If you learn to use your juicer--I will learn to use my serger. :-)
I think we can both do this! And everything else as well...

Lisa K said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I, Lisa, wish for her also....as I nibble on my homemade mediterranean lunch...and think about the next drum circle I wish I could drag you to!!!

Anonymous said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

OMG! Come on over to my new blog..you are going to be SO surprised. I have said this before...all of us Wishers within Wednesdays are truly on the same path!

Marisa said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
11 is a good number to start with for sure!

Kathy said...

Such a wonderful list! As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

I love your list -- and dark chocolate! And bacon! LOL!

As Karen wishes for herself, i do so wish for her also!

Sarah Lulu said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

Lexington said...

I love how diverse your list of wishes is.

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Julie said...

Great List, I've done Gabrielle Roth's Rhythms and loved them I'm sure you will too.

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Wonderful list!! I love the Reiki part!! I have a wonderful Master here - she keeps us in practice - I love that!!! Good luck - Namaste, Sarah

LeslieB said...

11 exceptional wishes! As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Morgaine Pendragon said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Holly said...

Karen:
What you wrote about missing me? I can't tell you how much that means. As to the Reiki? I'm a Reiki Master...if I can help you, let me know. Email me...we'll talk.

As Karen wishes for herself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her. Here's to learning.

An Open Heart said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

;o)
S

Anonymous said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hear you on mastering diet as I am currently on a restricted one myself (I blog about it on weekends because some of my readers are interested in it).