
I am a very visual person and to me a photo can tell many stories to different people. So I will post photo's once a week and ask you what it says to you and I will share what it says to me. I won't give the title of the picture so as to not influence what the picture says to you.
This weeks photo is from:
Photographer: Steve McCurry
Source: nationalgeographic.com
To me this picture shows strength and perserverance mixed with some fear and her eyes are just stunning, such a piercing quality.
Namaste
5 comments:
I know a fear that lives not in my being, but within another. I feel the fear of all this is woman, the sense of foreboding and invasion, the capture of the soul within a bottle unable to be opened. I see a soul with no outlet, a sense of hidden personality, a sense of hidden meaning, a sense of hidden life. I hold a beauty the being cannot see in herself: a beauty none of us can see in ourselves. We can run like bandits with the wild flames chasing us, and still not catch up to the
This has always been on of my favorite NatGeo photos. Of course it's the rare color of her eyes...but mostly I like the intensity of her gaze and the rather direct, completely intentional way she's looking at the camera.
It speaks of knowing who she is or at the very least believing she has a right to be taking up the space she inhabits. She is sure of herself in the moment.
This photo has always been a favorite of mine...those eyes, so beautiful and young, hold many secrets and have seen untold hardship I'm sure!
Post a Comment