Monday, September 21, 2009

Fame- The Movie 2009 vs. 1980 version



I am looking forward to seeing the movie "Fame" the 2009 version. I am a sucker for all movies with singing and dancing. I think I must have been a dancer in another life. I am amazed and awed at the way people can move their bodies. Dancing is like art to me when I see it; it moves me as does music.

I was looking through youtube for the movie trailer and I got caught up watching clips from the original 1980 version which I loved and watched many times when it first came out, I was just entering freshman year of high school that year.

I had forgotten how gritty and real the original was, I wonder how the new version will compare. Irene Cara rocked the house in 1980. See for yourself the difference in the two, below I linked the 2009 trailer and the 1980 trailer. If you search for Fame 1980 on youtube there are many great clips from the original movie.

Fame 2009
Fame 1980

3 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

I too remember seeing the movie in 1980, although I was a little older than you, pregnant with my second son. There is something about the way they move and dance that makes it hard to sit still in your seat...I may have been in the same dance troupe as yours in my former life! :)

Anonymous said...

Personally, I don't like remakes like this. There is nothing like the original..It is like Grease then they had Grease 2 with Michele Phiepher...personally I didn't like the 2nd.

I am kinda iffy about this..I am not one who likes change..LOL!!!

Karen D said...

I know how you feel Dreamwriter, I just love movies with dancing. I am sure it can't compare to the original, I will have to try to look at without comparing the two.
And I AGREE Grease 2 was HORRIBLE.