Monday, September 28, 2009

A Visit to Woodstock, NY





Hey All,

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I am lucky to live about one and a half hours away from Woodstock, NY. We decided this Saturday to take a ride over there.

I just love the town's vibe, there are artsy people, hippie people, homeless people, dog people, tourists and many other types of people both young and old.

The links below are to some of the stores we visited and what we purchased. I am like a kid in a candy shop in this town. I have to remember I don't have a money tree in my backyard (one of my Aunt's favorite sayings when I was growing up).

If you ever go you have to check out Joshua's Cafe for lunch or breakfast. I had the BEST chicken matzah ball soup and tabbouleh salad.

Sorry the pictures are from my cell phone so they might not be the clearest.

Stores:
Talisman Gallery
Here I bought the affirmation necklace, the circle says Faith and the heart says courage. I also bought a Reiki candle for courage (I am sensing a theme here!)


The Woodstock Style Company
Here I bough a vintage Grateful Dead T-shirt, some pins (the one says "Who says I have to be normal") love it, and the cute hat which I have to say is the first hat I have actually bought myself in years.



Mirabai Bookstore
A great all around bookstore who's motto is "Nourishment for mind and spirit"
I bought "Life's Companion: Journal Writing as a Spiritual Quest" and "Eating for Acid Reflux".

Candlestock
Here I bought some beeswax candles. The picture is of a multi-candle that they have been burning for years.


Well that was some of my adventures through this cool town, I have to go back and visit again since there was way too much to see. I think I could live in or near this town and be quite a happy camper.

Namaste

3 comments:

Melita said...

looks like a pretty fantastic trip :) i especially love the hat & the necklace. i noticed the theme on courage as well haha. just curious, do you practice reiki? i've taken a reiki 1 class and plan on furthering my studies eventually :)

Karen D said...

I am a Reiki MAster but I have not practiced for awhile, I am just beginning to do my self treatments again!

Anonymous said...

How cool! I love it! Thanks for sharing!