
Photo:Darhomes
Over at Jamie Ridler's Studio today is Wishcast Wednesday. I have to first say thanks to Jamie and all my fellow wishcasters, it has been wonderful to participate in this group and I am grateful for all your encouraging words and support for my wishes.
Today Jamie askes what Luxury do you wish for? Wow that is a tough one.
Here are some luxuries I wish for:
The luxury of acting without fear and anxiety. It can be exhausting when fear and anxiety rule over every decision you make, really exhausting.
The luxury of security in my relationships. I am always working to make the others in my life happy so they won't leave me. For once I would just like to feel secure in my relationships, to feel that the people in my life love me just as I am, warts and all!
The luxury to love my body no matter what shape it is in, now this is a biggie since I have spend the better part of my life really disliking my body. I am coming to see it as mine and I want to love it and take care of it. I don't want to take it for granted anymore or feel like I have to hide it away.
The luxury to create art in a nuturing space where I can grow as an artist and maybe someday grow that space to nuture others who yearn for a space to create in, to teach them as I teach myself.
And lastly on a material note I would love to have a luxurious kitchen one filled with love and laughter where I can cook and gather with my friends and family.
Namaste to you all.
26 comments:
This is a beautifully stated wish and one that I will borrow for today, if you don't mind sharing. Truly you are asking for luxuries that really should be ours and we let pass us by. I can't think of two people more deserving to have these luxuries as part of our daily life.
As this Dear One wishes for herself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her also! And, for me, too!
Amazing how we think the of simplest things as luxuries...as you wish for yourself, I lovingly wish for you also!
Namaste Love,
As Karen wishes for herself, so too do I wish for Karen♥
That kitchen is *quite* beautiful... I think I'm just a bit weepy this morning, but your post got me a choked up.
~Shamsi
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Hey Karen,
Lovely wishes. A love kitchen! That's a neat concept and marketable for sure. At parties everyone gathers in the kitchen, why not a kitchen bar or restaurant that's all kitchen! I hear you on the body image wish. It's tough with all the magazines where everyone is airbrushed. Even they don't look like that, but we are supposed to!
I wish for all these wishes to come true!
Giulietta, Inspirational Rebel
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Your wishes are truly heartfelt.
As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her as well.
As Karen wishes for herself, so too do I wish for her.
You really hit home for me on this one (well, except the kitchen, unless it comes with a cook, lol). These are things we should have, but really are often luxuries that we don't give ourselves. You so deserve these "luxuries" and I am psyched to see you setting out to get them. Now, me next ;)
Besides the kitchen, I think all of these are necessities, not just luxuries. :-)
And I so empathize with you regarding security in relationships. I rarely did what others wanted just to be loved, and that's one reason I was so lonely. But I spent years longing for secure, unconditional love before I found it. And that's all after all the years I spent trying to figure out that that's what I wanted!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I sincerely wish for her also.
-TimK
As Karen wishes for herself, I so wish for her as well...
As Karen wishes for herself, so I blissfully wish for her also.
One thing you can do is change your wording about all of this -- NONE of these things are actually luxuries (which is defined as nonessential and frivolous) but these are NECESSITIES and RIGHTS. TAKE THEM!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
This so touched me hon! I think at sometime in my life, and even now sometimes I feel all of these things. Christine is right - they are rights and needs..but sometimes in life they are made to feel like gifts and luxuries. May these things come to you as part of your every day life hon. I understand I really do!! Hugs, Sarah
As Karen Wishes for herself, I wish for her also.
May all your wishes come true... You deserve this and so much more!
Blessings
Dakara
To reiterate Holly's sentiments, these birthrights should be so easy to embrace and not luxuries and yet come to us without much ease it seems. Your kitchen is gorgeous!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.!
As Karen wish so I lovingly wish for her. You are worth all of these wishes and more!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also
As Karen wishesh for herself, I joyfully wish for her also.
I so relate to your fear/anxiety issue. I live it everyday. I'll join you in that wish.
May all your wishes come true. :)
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also! :)
As soon as I landed on your blog, I saw the photo of the kitchen and exclaimed, "Oh!" May you find the space for gathering, acceptance and love and some good food too! :)
You know I can just see a few wishcasters joining you on those stools there, sitting drinking tea, gossiping, sharing our dreams and eating cookies fresh from the oven (I hope you're a good cook!). May this and all your dreams come true Karen.
As Karen wishes for herself, So I wish for her also.
I just teared up a little, and I think I've forgotten how to write. This is so true, so profound, I find myself without words to respond to it. So I'll just say this: as Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so too do I wish for Karen!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
I share your kitchen wish!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
May your wishes come true !
These are beautifully stated wishes -- some of which I relate to very well. The part about fear and anxiety and your body really resonated with me.
As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wholeheartedly wish for her also!
I'm a little late, but from last week, thank you for your support for my wishes. I love all of your wishes, and especially support your wish for that wonderful kitchen - good for cooking up raw food meals : ) As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!
Post a Comment